Monday 8 August 2011

Trip to Ohrid Lake

Hello Everyone!

This is the post for our trip on Sunday, nothing big happened today so I will give you these pictures to sate your curiosity.

On Sunday we went to Ohrid Lake which is a touristic town on a very old lake which contains prehistoric fish and fauna.


This is a picture of the lake from the hill, the town has two hills, like a camel as our tour guide described it.


This is the view of the lake where you can see Albania in the distance, Albania has 1/3 of the lake while Macedonia has 2/3.

This is the view from almost the very top of the second hill and St. John's church (not st. John the baptist but the other John who was the youngest apostle of Jesus).

This picture amused me and since the internet was working well I thought I would include it lol, McDonald's are everywhere!

We have 5 more days of digging until we get another day trip to Bitola. I will post again if I come across anything entertaining.

Love you all!

-Lauren

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Pictures look amazing! And I know the McDonalds are everywhere in Europe, Greece was full of them. Can't wait to see you :)Stevie says Hi, she's a full recluse but eating and doing well otherwise.

Valerie said...

Wow, how beautiful! Did you have a chance to see the menu at the McDonalds? Any goat being served? Kitty cats are good, but eating a lot. They may need to do a lot of jazzercise once you get back. Did you find a Starbucks yet?

Lauren_abroad said...

To respond to both of your comments which btw I just found out how lol I miss Stevie and Carmen so much and I saw one starbucks on the way out of Thessaloniki so I might ask the cab driver if we can stop on the way back :) I miss you guys too.

Sunking61 said...

So did you have a chance to fish for prehistoric fish?

Thinking of you!

Grandma said...

Great pics Lauren. So, seeing a pic of the McDonalds tells me that Macedonians also do not have any respect for their tummys. Rot gut everywhere lol