Thursday 4 August 2011

Pictures!

Hey, I know a lot of posting, but I was exhausted yesterday and the power was out this morning. And you will all laugh but I just figured out how to post pictures lol.

This is my room, my roomie is a Kiwi, she has been traveling for a few months to different digs around Europe and she is very nice.

Yes there is a toilet! There is a turkish toilet as well in the other bathroom (and yes that means a fancy hole in the ground with a rinser thing) but I will only be using this one.

This is the outside of our bungalow as they call them, there are 4 bedrooms and the two bathrooms along with a big screen tv in a tiny living room.



This is the view of the site from the camp, I will have more pictures of the site this afternoon. The area here is so rocky and mountainous. The Vardar river valley which we are in is very wide here so the mountains are a little far but driving here we were just zig-zagging between them they were huge.

Also as a side note, they have red, peeling trees and giant pigeons that are chicken sized and sound like a cross between a chicken and a pigeon cooing. Also there are 6 armed guards on the site to protect the archaeology and us, and of course there is a pregnant guard dog at the camp site.

I love you all and will post again tonight if I have a chance and the power is on lol.

-Lauren

7 comments:

Valerie said...

Wow it all looks fantastic! I am so happy you are settled and enjoying it so far. Love you and miss you. I'll look for you on Skype tonight. Love you baby. xxoo

Mom

Valerie said...

BTW ... Giant pigeons! :-0

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Ok apparently my account was linked to something else... so I had no name and it assigned one to me? Very confused...

Can you bring home a pigicken? I want one to guard my apartment, it can live on the fire escape and I can hand-feed it.

Glad you are enjoying it!

Love you

Sunking61 said...

Pics are cool. can u eat those pigeons or was that breakfast?

Grandma said...

ok - third time trying to post. Should be the charm. Glad you are finally there and enjoying it so far. Pics are great. Love you lots.

Grandma

Ian McKay said...

No pictures of Wifi yet? Is he too busy with his horse and cart?