Saturday 20 August 2011

Giant Pigeon pictures!

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the lack of posts but nothing really great has happened. I do have pictures of our trip to Skopje, the giant pigeon, and my square without the roof tiles!

We'll start with the pigeons!




This picture is from our trip to Skopje, the trip was good but the city was big and hot. It is greatly under construction to make it a better tourist destination but that is not set to be completed until 2014. We did tour the old part of the city which sold pretty much only wedding dresses, jewelry, and gelato lol. The bazaar was very interesting also but kinda sketchy and full of people and gypsies.

This statue is of Alexander the Great, Macedonia and Greece are both trying to claim Alexander which explains the size of the statue which the Macedonian's have constructed.


Next is our square I6 which is now free from roof tiles! Yay! We were so excited to clear them out and now we get to dig deeper to the next layer of destruction which should be the fallen interior wall. We have used the metal detector a few times but still no beeps! Oh well, maybe tomorrow!



Well that's all for now, if you have any requests please let me know, I have been trying to get a photo of a horse or donkey pulling a cart down the street but they are so fast that I can't get my camera out in time! But I am going to Ohrid again tomorrow so if you are curious about anything here and want to see it message me and I will do my best to get a picture of it!

Until next time!

Love,

Lauren

3 comments:

Valerie said...

The pigicken pictures are magnificent. A noble creature indeed. Any chance of bringing one back? It would make a lovely gift for Phil.

Love you!

Mom

Sunking61 said...

Hey Roast.

Nice pics. What caused all the destruction in your dig site? Oh and njust an observation: the only way a pigeon could get big is by eating meat. Keep your eyes on it.

Xoxo Daddy-o

That Car Guy said...

Any chance those pigickens grew up close to Chernobyl?